The Tauck Scholars Program provides unique educational and cultural opportunities for selected business students to participate in an international summer internship in a cultural setting that is “new and foreign to them." Recipients of this award may select the type of international internship program they wish to pursue based on interest, qualifications, and career goals, as long as the internship program is Lehigh-led or organized through a Lehigh-approved program provider. The Tauck Scholarship covers program fees and flights up to a maximum amount. Tauck Scholars will also serve as goodwill ambassadors to Lehigh University, by helping prospective scholars prepare for their internships, and take part in special College of Business activities. Some helpful documents are listed below.
- 2020 Tauck Scholars Program Brochure
- Guidelines on How to Apply
- Application Form
- Letter of Recommendation Template
CRITERIA TO APPLY
- Must be a business student (i.e., BS, Business & Economics, BS, Computer Science & Business, or BS, Integrated Business & Engineering)
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be a junior at time of application (current sophomores with junior standing may also be considered)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to commit to a minimum four- to six-week (ideally more) international internship in the summer session
- Application Deadline: November 11, 2019
- Application form
- 2 short essays / personal statement
- 2 letters of recommendation from professors
- 1 letter of recommendation from a previous employer or non-academic advisor if you hold a leadership position in a co-curricular activity or club
- Copy of your resume/CV (please confine to one page, if possible)
INTERNATIONAL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Lehigh faculty-led summer programs:
Lehigh in Belgium (marketing-based)
Lehigh in Ireland (CSB-based)
Lehigh in Prague (various business disciplines: internship)
Lehigh in Shanghai (various business disciplines: internship & Chinese language/culture)
International internship or summer program organized through a Lehigh-approved program provider:
How would the international experience afforded by this scholarship benefit you both on a personal level and also in helping you achieve your career goals?
Why would you be an ideal candidate for the Tauck Scholarship?
NEED HELP WITH YOUR TAUCK APPLICATION?
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR SUBMITTING YOUR TAUCK APPLICATION
Completed application forms MUST be submitted as a Word Document and sent by email to Carla Jenkins-McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All other documents can also be sent by email or submitted in person to Carla Jenkins-McDonald, Coordinator, College of Business Undergraduate Programs Office, Rauch Business Center, Suite 395.
Write TAUCK SCHOLARS PROGRAM 2020 in the subject line when sending any correspondence by email
Ensure your name is clearly printed on all documents submitted by hand.
Students may submit their application form separately and then forward any supporting documentation, such as the essays, resumes, and letters of recommendation, at a later date if necessary. But please ensure that ALL documents listed in the application package are completed and submitted by November 11.
Deadline: November 11, 2019. Please note that only COMPLETED APPLICATIONS will be considered.
FINALISTS will be notified & invited for interview by end of November/beginning of December 2019.
Interviews and final decisions will be completed by mid-December 2019.